November 8 Animal:
Emperor Scorpion / Imperial Scorpion upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia…
Characteristic: Shy / Cranky
Personality: Despite looking like something a nightmare gave birth to, Kron is actually quite skittish around others and would rather retreat into a safe place than confront them. This will change over time as he gets used to his surroundings and will come out more often. Once you get past that, you will find that he is almost always annoyed at something. He is very sensitive and can take little things as a personal insult, which usually leads to snapping pincers and a raised tail depending on how mad he is. Though his mood improves and he becomes more approachable during the night for some reason. He can be normally found out and about around dusk and late at night. He dislikes coming out during the day but will do so if he has to.
History: Kron was born in the gutters of a vast city not to far from Hemlock. Small and squishy, the little scorpion took shelter in any place he could fit; in trash cans, air vents, and sewers. He fed on anything he could find, alive or not. He had no recollection of a family and always believed that he was the only scorpion in the world. As he grew older and his protective shell grew harder, he began going after bigger game in the city streets. His darkening carapace provided him with perfect camouflage during the night and in dark alleyways to ambush unsuspecting passerbys.
One day, he realized he deserved a better life than that of a scavenger. Why should everyone else get to live in a warm home and not him? The only problem was...he didn't have the money to buy an apartment in the big city. He tried to live in the ceilings of nearby residents, only to eventually be discovered and have to retreat before an exterminator came to clear out the giant pest. When all hope seemed lost, he over heard a conversation about a town open to new residents. This could be the chance he had been hoping for! A new life and a clean slate! After "borrowing" a few essentials, he grabbed (literally grabbed) the first train to Hemlock.
"You don't touch, I don't sting...easy as that." Map Section:
D1, close to a clean water source and possibly full of prey Other:
- He is very clumsy with his pincers and usually breaks anything he's holding; instead holds things with his prehensile tail.
- He is actually almost completely blind, only able to see differences in light.
- Senses the world around him with smell and fine hairs which he uses to sense vibrations in the air and ground.
- He is flexible enough to squeeze into tight spaces such as air vents and tunnels.
- HATES to be touched in the grey areas on his body (these are soft spots that allow him to move freely in his shell and WILL sting without hesitation).
- His venom isn't strong enough to be deadly to anyone, it only has the power to temporarily paralyze someone in a matter of minutes and wears off in a few hours.
- He is an opportunistic hunter, feeding whenever he can, though he can survive without food for almost a year (true fact...scorpions are tough little buggers~).
- Developed a fear of water during his time in the sewers and will only tolerate it up to his ankles.
- His tail clicks as it moves. (It sounds like Dr. Octopus's arms in the "Spectacular Spiderman" series...for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, listen closely to this clip and you can hear it, especially around 0:08 and 0:20 www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aO9GH…